CONTACT

Choose HOME or CONTACT or INQUIRIES to contact us

Monday 11 April 2016

Summer Time at Isla Verde Resort


On April 2 Jeith came to spend weekend with us.  He came with a couple,  Mark and Gel, and 2 sisters Juna and Nikka.  After talking with them, I found out Nikka,  is my niece from my mother's side of the family (Rejuso) and she comes from Masbate although they are now living in Naga.  Her half sister, Juna is working in Dubai, and is back here on vacation.

They arrived before lunch and after eating they took a rest in our kubo.  When they had their afternoon delight they decided to go swimming and snorkelling and, like other guests before them, they enjoyed watching the fishes and beautiful coral we have not far off the sea wall.  My grandson, Bugoy, joined them as their entertainer.

While they were having fun in the water, another group arrived at 3pm.  This time it was Mark, Lambert, Carina, Pamela, Paul and Louie, a bunch of good looking men.  They stayed for a while in our swing and prepared their food.  They brought some meat and grilled it.  After they had cooked their food, they asked for banana leaves and used the leaves instead of plates for the food.

While they were eating, I talked with them we have some laughter and Lambert told them tge one who designed our website is his relative, JO TIRONA,  and I told him " that's me".  To his surprise,  he said its me who send message to about tent im Lambert Tirona Sabater.  And I told him u never replied.  And he explained he couldn't  reach my phone and told Mark to contact me.  He even showed me the shirt he was wearing from our Tirona Clan Reunion, and I told him I have white ones in color as he has black ones.   Then I left them and prepared the food for Jeith's group for dinner.

At 7pm when all had rested and had cleaned up themselves, I called them and they gathered together for a bonfire.  Jeith had brandy with his pals, while Mark's group were just relaxing as they were getting up early tomorrow for boat trip around the island.

They didn't finish the bonfire, but decided  to sleep, while Jeith's group was left enjoying the night with brandy and beer.

Next morning after breakfast was done, Mark's group went for a boat trip, Jeith with his friends left, to go Summer time in Maliit na nalayag.

But before swimming, Jeith took his camera with him and went to our wilderness to take some pictures for an hour and when he came back they're all left for fishing and snorkeling in a small boat and Pipoy and Oming, our workers paddled for them.  They returned before noontime.

Jeith didn't catch any fish, but the rest enjoyed swimming and snorkelling.  When they had finished their bath, I set the table with some fresh fish, Labahita, that they bought from local people.  I grilled it with sauce I made.  Because they came from swimming, they asked for more rice and enjoyed the fresh grilled fish, which they said was delicious.

When Mark's group came back, I gave them their grilled tuna fish.  Again, they preferred to eat in banana leaf, and Lambert asked for some mangoes from me to match their bagoong (shrimp paste).   When they were full with their lunch, they took a rest for a while and then took a bath.

At 3pm, they left to return home, and everybody said they had a wonderful and memorable time with us, and they love our place, as it so peaceful and quiet here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICES