CONTACT

Choose HOME or CONTACT or INQUIRIES to contact us

Monday 1 June 2015

Isla Verde - a place to share with Old Friends and Good Friends (by Nanay Jo)


On April 23, some friends I have known since about 1985 came to visit me at our
resort.  I took the boat trip across to Tabangao to meet them and we returned to Isla verde together.  My friend Malou wanted to see me before she be back for in Bahrain the next week.  With her, were Cora, Rosanna and Rosanna's cousin, Mikel.

Rosanna has wanted to visit me at the
resort for a long time, but she is being treated for cancer and is often too tired to travel.  Luckily the resort is not too distant from Manila and once she saw it she promised to send me a wall hanging, a picture she found in a second hand store, of a fish. It will look great on in the cafe because it reminds us of the reef just near the resort.

We had a lot of fun times just playing in the clear waters of the sea.  How we enjoyed the breaking waves throwing us away while  Mikel was patiently taking pics for us.  Mikel enjoyed snorkling.  And after my 2 years staying here, I tried shorkelling for the first time, with Malou. It was so amazing to see all those living things underwater,  corals with different colors,  and moving like they are breathing and different  fishes swimming with bright colors.  I don't think I have ever seen anything so beautiful.

While my visitors were here,  it rained, and they  weren't able to see the whole island.

















But when it was raining we stayed in the kubo and played cards. A Filipino poker game called 'Tong its'.  As we were playing, we joked and laughed and teased  each other and at the end I won the games.

Cora, who is the wackiest among is, did a lot of silly things and made us laugh. She would climb the trees and pose for a picture.  She would imitate the statue of lady carrying the jug of water.  She really is a funny woman and is the life of the party!

The few days they stayed with me here in isla, left me with good memories to keep.  Next year I will see them again, and we are good friends who stay friends forever!


 














No comments:

Post a Comment

NOTICES